Morecambe Bay wills & Estates Limited Privacy Statement
In the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Personal Data is defined as “…any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”); an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that person.”
How we use your information
- Communicate with you
- Take your instructions
- Show you drafts of our work
- Finalise and provide you with Original documents
- Continue to service your needs
- Store documents for you
Why do we need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to do any of the above, we must collect and store your data firstly for correspondence purposes. We will ensure that the information collected will only be used for its intended purpose and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Morecambe Bay Wills and Estates Limited may wish to contact you for marketing purposes, however we would contact you for additional consent for that purpose if not already given.
Will we share your personal data with anyone else?
need to pass your details onto third parties who are either contracted to, or partners
with of the Morecambe Bay Wills and Estates Limited. Any third parties who we
do pass your details onto are obliged to store your details securely and only
process them if responding to document production or storage on our behalf.
When the time comes that they no longer require your personal data, they will
dispose of this accordingly and in line with our company policy. If we wish to
pass your personal data to a third party, we will only do so with your explicit
consent, unless we are legally obliged to do so otherwise.
How will we use the personal data we collect about you?
Processing data constitutes as collecting, storing and using. We will process this data in accordance with the GDPR. We will do our utmost to keep your information accurate and up to date and not keep it longer than is necessary. Morecambe Bay Wills and Estates Limited may issue occasional reminders to all customers to keep their contact details up to date and will update them accordingly.
Please be advised that there is information that we are required to keep in accordance with the law, such as information needed for tax and audit purposes. Personal data may be held for longer than these periods, however this will depend on the individual needs of the company.
Under what circumstances will we contact you?
We will only ever contact you when necessary, or when you have requested that we do so. We do not mean at any point to be intrusive or ask for unnecessary information. We will do our best to ensure that the information we hold is as secure as possible to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can you find out about the personal data that we hold about you?
If you want to see what personal data we hold on you and how it is processed, you may contact us to request this. This is known as a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) and you must request this in writing (either by post or email), providing the necessary identification before any information is released. If Morecambe Bay Wills and Estates Limited do store any of your personal data, you may request information on the following:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the GDPR owner, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Morecambe Bay Wills and Estates Limited or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will you need to provide to access this?
Morecambe Bay Wills and Estates Limited will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
- Photo Driving Licence;
- Utility Bill (from the last three months);
- Notarised ID Document;
Contact details of the GDPR Owner
If you wish to submit a DSAR, or have any questions regarding this privacy statement, you must do so in writing to:
Morecambe Bay Wills and Estates Limited, 10 Aldcliffe Yard, Lancaster LA1 1BF