Morecambe Bay Wills and Estates Limited is a full member of the Society of Will Writers. What does this mean for you?
ℹ️ You can trust that we have the right knowledge and training
ℹ️ You can be assured we are fully insured
ℹ️ You can be confident we adhere to a code of practice
ℹ️ You can be sure that we are backed up with full technical and legal support as needed
Find out more below:
As soon as you have decided to make your Will or Lasting Power of Attorney – and the sooner the better! – you may prefer to discuss your personal affairs in the comfort and privacy of your own home. There are many Will Writing services advertised, but it is vital to choose one that is competent, professional and has the appropriate expertise and experience.
All Society of Will Writers members go through a stringent vetting procedure and continuing training to ensure that they are suitable persons to properly write your Will. Any one can call themselves a Will Writer – you can even ‘do it yourself’ with a form from a well-known stationer. But only a properly trained professional can ensure that your Will is correctly drafted. Home-made or badly drafted Wills can be just as bad (or even worse) than no Will at all.
Members of the Society of Will Writers:
- Are only admitted after a stringent and robust application process, which includes training and examinations
- Continue to update their knowledge and training on a yearly basis – at least 24 hours additional training is required each year to remain a Member.
- Must hold professional indemnity insurance with a minimal level cover of £2 million.
- Adhere to the SWW code of practice and complaints procedure.
- Can access unlimited technical support to ensure they offer the best service to their clients.
- Offer a statutory cooling off period of 14 days in accordance with the Consumer Contract Regulations
The Society of Will Writers was established in 1994 as an independent body representing the professional Will Writer and the interests of the consumer. Today, the Society is the largest trade body within our profession and has members throughout the world, especially where there are high concentrations of UK citizens living and working abroad. Our Code of Practice, ethics and philosophy puts the consumer at the heart of our aims to ensure that through our membership you receive the very best of service.
Society of Will Writers members are Will-Writing specialists – not legal ‘general practitioners’. Solicitors are not averse to people making their own Wills as they make more money out of sorting out the mess which many DIY Wills leave behind. Members of the Society of Will Writers don’t have this conflict of interest. They deal almost exclusively with one area of law – succession planning – and as such, are best placed to ensure you receive the specialist advice best for you.
You can find out more about the Society of Will Writers here